The Nations League - Europe's brand new tournament
It is official, 2018 will see a new football tournament for Europe's national football teams. Here at StubHub you can find a range of Nations League tickets so you can see your national team, or any of Europe's teams, take on their local rivals. This competition, new in 2018, has set tounges wagging as it is set to replace the international friendlies that used to take place in between competitive football tournaments. With the chance for teams to play other teams of equal ranking. No more 6-0 drubbings as Germany take on Andorra, instead, we will see national teams like Spain and England face-off. Even if you're not from one of the UEFA countries, the chance to see some of the world's best teams play each other is a win-win for everyone (except, perhaps, disgruntled league managers). Join in the excitement, get with the times, and buy Nations League tickets before they are all gone!
What is the Nations League?
Many football fans and pundits agree that, in between tournaments like the Euros and Football World Cup, there was something missing. Footballers would often miss international friendlies, citing sudden injuries in the run-up to important league fixtures. The Nations League has been created to add a competitive edge to international football. All 55 UEFA members are involved, split into four leagues A, B, C, and D, and will be drawn against similar-ranked teams with each nation playing home and away. The winners of each group will be promoted, while losers will be relegated. The winners of the four groups in League A will then qualify for the 'Final Four' competition where the eventual winner will be decided and lift the new Nations League trophy. With the first Nations League matches set to start in September 2018 and the first winners crowned in 2019. If you want to know how to buy Nations League tickets, you can get yours here at StubHub as we have a range available for you to choose from.
Nations League draw and matches
The Nations League draw took place in Switzerland on 24 January and we now know the matches that will take place in the new UEFA competition. Due to the format of the Nations League there are some incredibly exciting looking matches to look forward to, of course, with Nations League tickets you can be there, both home and away, to watch the games live. Here are the groups:
- Group 1 - Netherlands, France, Germany
- Group 2 - Iceland, Switzerland, Belgium
- Group 3 - Poland, Italy, Portugal
- Group 4 - Croatia, England, Spain
- Group 1 - Czech Republic, Ukraine, Slovakia
- Group 2 - Turkey, Sweden, Russia
- Group 3 - Northern Ireland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Austria
- Group 4 - Denmark, Republic of Ireland, Wales
- Israel, Albania, Scotland
- Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary
- Cyprus, Bulgaria, Norway, Slovenia
- Lithuania, Montenegro, Serbia, Romania
- Andorra, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Georgia
- San Marina, Moldova, Luxembourg, Belarus
- Kosovo, Malta, Faroe Islands, Azerbaijan
- Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Armeina, Macedonia